Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Art Journaling 105

I love dark journal pages with light or white writing on them. I wish I had lots of colorful poster paint markers, but in lieu of that, I found that India ink and silver Sharpies worked pretty well.
1. I painted a journal page with India ink and let it dry.
2. With a silver Sharpie marker, I drew a lot of parallel lines on the page, each about an inch apart.
3. Writing with only capital letters, I filled in the lines with the date and my favorite thing I did today. Using capital letters will create lots of closed shapes, which is important for the next step.
4. Using some good pencil crayons, color in the closed shapes.
5. Sometimes less is more. If your page looks good with just the writing and coloring, then stop and enjoy.
Publish Post

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment