Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Guest Artist: John Woolley, 5th Grader

Recently I learned about an amazing young artist named John Woolley, a 5th grader who lives in Temecula, CA. He is obviously very passionate about drawing, and has already developed a flair and talent far beyond his young years. I invited him to be my first guest post artist, and below is his description of how he drew his picture titled “Young Tiger”.



To draw this tiger:

1. I used my Rapidograph Pens and large moleskin sketchbook.
2. I started with the bottom part of the tiger first.
3. Then I drew the outline of the body and the head.
4. I had to draw most of the tiger upside down. I would turn it over once in awhile to check the drawing and add some details. I really am not able to draw portraits right side up.
5. I drew the eyes and then started to work around them.

My Flickr site is http://www.flickr.com/photos/backyardjournals/
My website is www.backyardjournals.com
Any questions regarding my art work or anyone wishing to purchase a print of my art work can contact me at Globalvu@aol.com

Thank-you,
John Woolley

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment