Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Art Journaling 114

I used two laws of perspective to help give this spread some depth. One is that with distance, similar shapes appear to get smaller, and two is that colors in general get lighter.

1. I started by drawing a horizon line about 2/3 of the way down the page. I drew the road that narrowed with distance, added the trees that got smaller, and the border around the edge.
2. With the lettering, I'm trying to experiment with staggered placement to both loosen up the look and hopefully the students. This journal should be one place where they don't have to worry about keeping things in straight lines. When I was happy with the pencil writing, I traced everything with a black Sharpie, going over the headline letters twice to make them darker.
3. Lastly, I colored in the pages with my favorite Prismacolor colored pencils. I used the lightest shade of green for the distance fields, and a darker for the area that is up close. I imagine two shades of blue could be used for the sky too.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment