Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Art Journaling 115

Some of the best art journal pages I’ve seen just seem to just have a sense of freedom to them. I think that’s going to be my number one goal when I take this project to the classroom in a couple of weeks. The paper can be spotty and messy, headlines can go at the bottom instead of the top, and writing can go sideways and even upside down. No worries, just paint and draw and write and have fun!

1. I put a teabag in a few tablespoons of hot water to make some really strong tea. Note: Test the different teas first, a cinnamon type worked much better than Lipton. Using a brush or the wet teabag, smear the paper with tea, leaving some blotches and white spots. Let dry.
2. There are many “how to draw a cat” sites on the internet, but I liked http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj220/Sparkythespark/howtodraw.jpg because it seemed appropriate for elementary age students. I drew the cat across the pages with a pencil, and then traced with a brown Gelly Roll pen.
3. My title seemed to fit the best on the bottom right. I made block letters and then shaded in the edges.
4. Lastly, I wrote about my cats in the area remaining, and decided it didn’t have to be horizontal. I made my writing go up and down and follow the shape of the tail. This was a fun page to do and I really liked how the tea spots dried and all the natural colors seem to work together.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment