Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Finish-the-Spider Drawing

I’m thinking of adapting some of my black and white projects to Halloween themes, and this one I think might work well for some creepy, but symmetrical drawing practice.
1. If you google “Clip Art ETC” you will find this amazing collection of black and white art that is collected mainly for educational use. Search for “spiders” and you may have trouble deciding which one to download. I chose the highest resolution of a fuzzy one, and cropped it in my computer to print just half an image. The low tech approach would be to print out the whole image, cut it in half, and xerox your copies.
2. I plan to give each student a spider print, along with a soft dark pencil such an HB grade. Tell the students that spiders are very symmetrical and all the information you need to draw on the missing side, is on the printed side. I recommend that they start with the outside edges until they think the shapes match, and then fill the inside to match. Dark shading will be necessary to match the printed side of the spider.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment