Total Pageviews

Friday, October 16, 2009

Masking Tape Letter

I tried this masking tape and marker project today with some kinders and they really enjoyed it. The students were given full permission to scribble, and actually had time to do both their initials in about an hour.
Note: I recommend testing your tape on your paper first to see if it comes off without tearing. I used blue painter’s masking tape on some donated coated paper. I’d say some paper came off with the tape maybe 10% of the time, so I’m going to experiment next week with maybe reducing the stickiness of the tape somehow.
1. I began by writing block letters on the board. I had hopes of the student’s tearing their own strips of tape to make their letters, but saw that maybe could happen in late kinder, but not right now. So two other teachers and I tore the tape to quickly lay down the letters for each student.
2. I handed out my well-worn collection of Sharpie markers and let each student go to town. They were encouraged to just scribble over the entire paper with lots of colors. When a teacher said they had colored enough, they peeled off the tape. Voila! A perfect white letter. I’m thinking this could have other applications too, like writing out small words.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment