Total Pageviews

Friday, June 4, 2010

Father's Day Stamp Box

Father's Day art projects always seem harder to find for me than Mother's Day, but I like this simple stamp collage box project.
1. I wish I had a giant stamp collection to make art with, but in lieu of that I found some photography on the internet and made duplicate color prints. Print enough to have a dozen or so per student so they can pick and choose their favorite. I also purchased some of the simple wooden boxes available at Michael's, most of which cost about 99¢.
2. Have the students cut out the stamps they want very close to the edge.
3. I've found that the trick to decoupaging paper without any bubbles is to coat both sides with Mod Podge (meaning the box and the back of the stamp) and press together with a brush. Press firmly and coat the top of each stamp with Mod Podge too. Repeat until covered, taking care to wrap some around the edges to cover as much of the box as possible.
4. Let dry completely and finish with a final layer of Mod Podge.
This is a great box for any guy to store all that pocket change they always seem to have.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment