Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Rice Paper Collage Cake

This is the artwork that started it all. I was volunteering in my son’s 2nd grade class and two students went off to a corner to make a birthday card for a friend. I turned around to see this, and my view of what kids can create has never been the same since.
1. When it comes to collage, it helps to give students a theme so they have a starting place to work with. Distribute standard paper for a background, and divide up collage papers into equal groups, and let the students start to create. I had found a high end stationary store that was willing to donate their damaged papers to me.
This artwork came out of a class that was working with a Valentine Card theme, but a birthday card was needed for a missing student and voila!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment