Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pumpkin Festival Photo Op

My school's biggest annual fund raiser is our Pumpkin Festival. With Halloween themes galore, I decided to blow up my mural of “The Scream” to create a fun photo op.
1. I printed my mural templates at 130% on 11" x 17" 65 lb. cardstock.
2. The pages were colored in, trimmed off and taped together from behind. I used clear packing tape to handle the additional size and weight.
3. To mount, I taped together four 30" x 40" sheets of 1/2" thick foam core. I taped over the seams on both sides with duct tape and reinforced the back by taping down four 3' wood dowels.
4. I layed out the finished mural on the front to measure the excess foam core. I marked my cutting lines and trimmed with a box cutter.
5. With the mural now laying flush to the edges of the foam core, I folded over half of the mural, applied spray adhesive to the mural back and foam core and rolled the mural back into position. I then glued the other half down in same manner.
6. I used black duct tape to smooth the outer edges while creating a nice, even frame.
7. I used my box cutter to trim an oval out of the face and added a little more duct tape to smooth over the back edge of the oval.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment