Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Oil Pastel Drawing on Dry Wax Paper

If you’ve read many of my posts that mention dry wax paper, you may have noticed that I most often use it with watery glue to attach it to another surface. Last spring I also used it for oil pastel drawings, as part of an outdoor event at our school. The lightweight wax paper was very durable to draw on, but still fluttered in the breeze in a really nice manner. Students first made a drawing with pencil on regular paper, traced it onto the dry wax paper with a permanent black marker, and then colored it with oil pastels. I used my favorite Portfolio brand which is very soft and slippery. Not all brands are like this, so I recommend a test before working with students.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment