Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Art Journaling 119

These umbrellas are cut out from patterned scrapbook paper. It’s raining cats and dogs here in LA so I thought this would be a good theme for my next after-school Art Journal class.
1. I started with tracing different size circles onto the pattern paper, drawing a scallop line through the middle, and cutting each out. I made one large, one medium, and one smaller circle so all my umbrellas would be different sizes.
2. After arranging them on my journal page, I glued them down with a glue stick. Black lines were drawn on each to indicate the spokes, and then handles were drawn underneath.
3. I used a thin blue marker to draw lines of rain coming down, which stopped at each umbrella. Pencil crayon was added to add more color to the background.
4. Most students have heard of the "Rain, rain, go away..." poem, so it is an easy one for them to write somewhere on their page.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment