Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Art Journaling 121

This is a quick bonus project I used in my last rainy-day Art Journal Class. I’m always on the lookout for ways to layer art, and these tissue paper rain drops worked really well.
1. As an intro, I asked all the students to make a border around a new page. Could be straight, scallop, zig-zag, anything to add a little more interest. After the pencil lines were done, they were traced with a thin black marker.
2. I asked the students to write a quick paragraph about rain, whether they liked it or not, and what memories it might bring. A title was added to the top, something large and decorative. Young students could just right the word rain on their page in big fancy letters.
3. I had cut out a lot of tissue rain drops beforehand as the paper can be a challenge for young ones (you have to cut lots of layers at a time). These were passed out to each student. I foresaw problems with kinders overusing the rubber cement, so I walked around and brushed spots of glue on the pages where they pointed to. The tissue drops were placed on top, where they laid nice and flat.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment