Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Art Journaling 128

One of the journal page ideas that I really like is having a pattern of writing in the background of a drawing. With my class full of kinders and 1st graders, I'm finding that they really can't write that much, so starting with a magazine page full of type is a good substitute.
1. I prepped by collecting type only magazine pages, and trimmed them down to easily fit within our journal pages (6" x 9"). The students used ink pens to trace a body template, and then Sharpies to write things around the outside about themselves.
2. When the writing was done, I demonstrated how the students could take watercolor pencils, color a band of color around the body, and then paint with water to make soft edge.
3. When complete, I had some cool colored tape the students could use to attach the art to a journal page.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment