Total Pageviews

Monday, September 13, 2010

Snowflake Resist Watercolor Grid

I was looking for a quick and colorful project for an upcoming holiday art fundraiser. I think this might work well for all skill levels involved as the drawing is made on one sheet of watercolor paper, then cut into panels, painted, and taped back together.
1. I started with a sheet of 8" x 10.5" sheet of watercolor paper. I used a ruler to measure and find the center point on all four sides, and then connected the points with a pencil to make four panels. A small number 1, 2, 3 and 4 was written in the top right corner to help match the panels later on.
2. Using a white crayon, I drew lots of snowflakes, taking care to have some large and some small, and some overlapping the panels. I like to make a large “X” and then add a horizontal line to form a six-sided frame, and then added circles and arrows to decorate. Pressure is needed to make sure that thick, white lines are drawn with the crayon.
3. I used scissors to carefully cut the four panels apart. My Crayola Watercolor Mixing Set® was my paint choice again. I used a different color on each panel and let dry.
4. I lined up the four panels to match their original layout, and taped from behind. Mounting on a white 8.5" x 11" paper would look nice too.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

Post a Comment